Howdy folks! Wanna try my own recipe for an all-time favorite maja blanca special ? Actually, this “kakanin” was loved most by the people who were able to taste this sweet blend of cornstarch, corn kernel, coconut mik, evap milk, sugar and cheese. Actually, some of my friends really wanted me to teach them how to cook this or just asking my recipe. The original recipe is courtesy of my old friend. I just enhanced and added some excitements on it. Hehe. Actually, when I’m cooking this sweets, I used to smile…That’s because, passion is one of the most important ingredients when preparing or cooking food. Hehe. So, here’s how to prepare it. Enjoy cooking and have fun eating!
For 400 grams CREAM Cornstarch, you'll need:
- 4 coconuts to make 14 cups of coco milk
- 1 can creamstyle corn kernel
- 1 medium can evaporated milk
- 1/2 kilo sugar
- cheese for topping
Note: You can have 600 grams of cornstarch for a large serving. Just add 2 coconuts to make 18 cups of coco milk. Then use 1kl sugar and 1 big can of evaporated milk. You may use the same amount of ingredients included above aside from those mentioned here.
1. In a clean cooking pan with coco milk, pour out the cornstarch and mix well.
2. Add the evaporated milk, creamstyle corn kernel, and sugar.
3. Mix until the cornstarch and sugar are dissolved well.
4. Put the pan on heat to cook. Be sure to constantly stir the mixed ingredients (in one direction) until thick and floppy.
5. Pour into mould or desired serving plate.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese (while still hot) for topping.
7. After 20-30 minutes, chill until firm.
8. Serve cold.